March 7, 2016

Homemade White Chocolate Chips

Labels: ,

;

Most of the white chocolate available to buy are too cloying and taste unnatural, probably the vanilla flavor, I'm not sure. It doesn't really matter to me as I hardly eat white chocolate but sometimes a recipe I want to prepare has white chocolate among the ingredients. Cacao butter to the rescue! I already have a pound of  food grade raw cacao butter that I mostly use for cosmetics. I pre-shred and keep them in 2-ounce portions.


Making the chips is not complicated if you use mini cupcake tins as a mold. I used my plastic gummy candy molds which require a little bit of work pouring because the cavities are very tiny and shallow but the chips look so cute.


The tiny chips are easier to melt for truffles and candy coating. I like them because they aren't too sweet and don't have hydrogenated palm oil and artificial vanilla flavor like the Nestle™ brand.

Homemade White Chocolate Chips
4 ounces cocoa butter, shredded
8 tablespoons powdered sugar, more or less to taste
1 teaspoon powdered milk
½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
  • Melt cocoa butter in a glass bowl over simmering water. Remove bowl and wipe bottom dry with a towel. 
  • Sift powdered sugar into the melted cocoa butter; mix with a whisk. 
  • Whisk in powdered milk and vanilla extract. 
  • Pour into gummy candy molds. Or pour half a tablespoon into lightly greased mini muffin pans. Leave in the refrigerator to set. Remove from pans and store chips in a jar. Ready to eat or use for truffles or cookies.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by New WP Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premiumbloggertemplates.com